Dear Foothills Members,
Today we made the decision to suspend in-person worship services at our beloved church, and move to a live-streaming format for Sunday church. We have a beautiful church building, but it is the community that worships inside it that we must think about in this time of COVID-19. Based on the information available, the recent school closures, and the high number of members who are at risk for severe disease, we feel a suspension is necessary. Social distancing is of great value and protection to those in most danger of the Coronavirus; so, let’s love and safeguard our vulnerable family, friends and neighbors during this time of concern.
How will we continue to worship together? We will move to a recorded and live-streamed version of church services. On Sunday morning at 10 AM, follow the instructions here to join in with other members of the church together.
When will in-person church resume? Honestly, it’s hard to balance the concerns of both our individual lives and the on-goings of a community of faith; in these cloudy days of uncertainty, we are daily mindful of and grateful for our faithful and wise congregational membership. The COVID-19 task force will meet every two weeks to evaluate this decision, and the church staff and regular volunteers will continue to plan services each week.
What else is changing? Each group and committee will make its own decision about how they want to meet. Please contact the organizer for more information. Our goal is to keep any gathering as small as possible.
- Handbells, Children’s Choir and Sunday Choirs are suspended until in-person church resumes.
- Truthseekers and Bible Study will explore an on-line formats
- Committees are moving their business to email or teleconference meetings
- Executive Council on March 19 will be offered by conference call.
The following events have been canceled:
- March 22, Recovery Cafe Ministry Moment and Art Show
- March 28, All Church Clean-Up
- April 9, Maundy Thursday dinner and service
What can you do? Each of us has the opportunity to become better connected to our community in this situation. Consider doing one of the following:
- Reach out to a member of the church you haven’t met using the church directory.
- Start an email discussion group
- Teach a church member how to connect to the livestream Sunday services or use the teleconference call information.
- Explore how other churches are doing their on-line services, and send us your ideas.
- Connect to FCC on Facebook. https://bit.ly/3d6SzC2
We are in this together! We have this treasure of sacred love and consciousness of life in jars of clay that are frail and thin– thin as a glide of solitary breath.
With love and trust in the strength of our community,
– Pastor Chris Breedlove and Moderator Sandy Ruggles