Outreach is a central focus at Foothills. Through our Outreach program, we assist people in need in our community and beyond. There are so many worthy programs that need support. Our Outreach Committee focuses on specific areas that represent the feelings of most church members, which tends to be supporting agencies or projects that serve families, children and youth in the local area. We strongly support outreach by gifts of volunteer hours and dollars from individuals and from our Outreach Endowment Fund.
Decisions regarding which organizations/projects to support and at what financial level are made annually after considerable research and interviews. In 2023, Foothills is supporting these organizations:
- Child Advocates of Silicon Valley
- Community Health Awareness Council (CHAC)
- Community Services Agency of Mountain View, Los Altos, & Los Altos Hills
- Ecumenical Hunger Program
- Family Supportive Housing – San Jose Family Shelter
- Help One Child
- Mentor Tutor Connection
- NCNC-UCC (Northern California-Nevada Conference of the United Church of Christ)
- Recovery Cafe
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Women SV
We also make special catastrophic need donations whenever possible.
- Half Moon Bay Farmworker Community Aid: In February 2023, our Outreach Committee donated $1,000 to ALAS (Ayudando Latinos A Soñar) a Latino-centered organization in Half Moon Bay. ALAS will use the funds to help the families of the farmworkers affected by the shooting. Members of our congregation collected gift cards, food, water, and emergency supplies and donated them to the Farmworker Caravan drive.
- Turkiye and Syria Earthquake Aid: In February 2023, Foothills’ Outreach Committee donated $1000 from our emergency relief funds to World Central Kitchen to support their efforts to feed those affected by the massive earthquakes across Türkiye and Syria. Individual members of our congregation also donated funds.