Outreach at Foothills Congregational Church is our way of assisting those who are in need in our community and beyond. The focus of Outreach at Foothills is to support agencies or projects serving families, children and youth with special emphasis on local agencies. We strongly support outreach by gifts of volunteer hours and dollars from individuals and from our Outreach Endowment Fund.
Organizations We Support:
- UCC Share: This is the work we support by the United Church of Christ beyond the local church – through our Conferences, national ministries, and UCC-related institutions that provide relief to victims of famine or natural disasters.
- Mountain View – Los Altos Community Services Agency: This agency works to help support community needs. Foothills members donate food, clothing, Christmas gifts and volunteer time as well as financial support.
- Family Supportive Housing – San Jose Family Shelter: Private room, three meals a day and support services are provided for up to 35 families by the Shelter. Foothills Church members have volunteered time laying linoleum, sprucing up the living quarters and installing a volleyball court at the Shelter.
Other programs near and dear to our hearts include:
- Child Advocates, a volunteer organization advocating for children caught up in our court system
- Community Health Awareness Council (CHAC)
- Correctional Institutions Chaplaincy ministering to those in prison
- Ecumenical Hunger Program
- Help One Child
- Mayview Community Health Center, a medical clinic serving those without funds
- Pathways Hospice
- Planned Parenthood MarMonte
- Second Harvest Food Bank.
- Silicon Valley Faces
- Support Network for Battered Women
- United Campus Ministries at Stanford University
- Women SV