On May 30, 2021 we will start offering Sunday services in person and via Zoom.
On June 17, 2021, the Executive Council approved a modification of the protocols for our Sunday church services. Earlier in the week, the State of California and the County of Santa Clara adopted the modified COVID-19 health safety rules recommended by the National Center for Disease Control. Starting this Sunday, June 20, 2021, we will proceed under the following rules:
- When entering the sanctuary, masks will be required for all unvaccinated people, including children under the age of 12. Masks will be optional for people who are fully vaccinated.
- There will be three feet between each family group or single person.
- Masks will be required for unvaccinated people in all indoor spaces, but will not be required in the courtyard or other outdoor spaces.
- A section of the sanctuary will be reserved for those wearing masks. If you wear a mask into the sanctuary, the ushers will point that section out to you. You’re not obligated to sit there, of course. Feel free to sit wherever you like.
- The Sanctuary doors and windows will remain open to increase the movement of air.
- Ushers will not pass the collection plates during the service. Please leave your contributions in the baskets provided as you enter the sanctuary.
- The congregation will participate in the responsive reading, and in the recitation of the Lord’s prayer. There will be congregational singing of hymns and the doxology.
- Childcare will be provided in the nursery.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available to those who wish to use it.
- We will continue to ask everyone to register before entering the sanctuary. This will keep us in compliance with the Santa Clara County health mandates.